If you are sending flowers for any occassion, here are a few things to know about the popular summer blooms.
1. Calla Lilies are funnel-shaped, elegant flowers. Well, they aren't really a flower at all, but a large horn-shaped extension of the stem, called a spathe, which ranges from 6" to 9" in length.
2. Dendrobium Orchids are delicate, six-petaled beauties. They are tropical flowers of summer that are least expensive during the months from April to August.
3. Dahlias are available in a variety of rich colors and are easiest to get in the summer and early fall. These full-bodied blooms are laden with petals.
4. Daisies blooming from May to July. These classic wedding flowers represent hope, purity, and innocence.
5. Chrysanthemums are the Daisy's spiny-bloomed cousin. They are most readily available during the long, hot months of summer. This airy flower with narrow petals comes in a much wider range of color than the classic daisy.
For a great flower delivery that will make its recipient happy, visit dotflowers.com. They have many selections to satisfy your needs for floral gifts.